The continuing dry conditions have been very testing these last two weeks. Moisture is there at about 4 inches but it’s taking some getting to. The more you look at the forecast the further away the rain seems.
However, the BBC did appear to have more confidence tonight that Monday could be wet. All pea crops, in fact all crops, are crying out for a drink.
If all goes to plan we will complete drilling next week but if we are delayed due to rain, I’ll take that with pleasure.
Focus had been on drilling for the last few days but I’m told flowers are in abundance now. So we can say with confidence, we will he harvesting the Great British Pea next month in what will be our company’s 50th harvest!!